7 Tips to Make your Headphones Louder
If you are like most people, chances are, you like listening to music. It is not uncommon to see people walking around with their headphones on.
However, if you have volume problems with your headphones, it can ruin your whole listening experience. Nothing is more frustrating than plugging in your headphones to enjoy your playlist only for your expectations to be marred by muffled sounds and overall poor sound quality.
So, how do you rectify the volume issue and make your headphone louder? Here are a few tips to increase the volume of your headphones:
1. Turn Up The Volume on Your Device
This might seem like a basic tip, but it is actually one of the most effective ways to enhance the sound of your headphones. If you find the volume of your audios far too low, it is imperative that you check the volume level on your device. Sometimes, simply turning it up a notch will solve the problem.
If even turning the volume to a maximum does not produce the desired results, you might want to consider removing the volume limit on your device. Most devices will have a volume limit when earphones are plugged in and for good reason too.
The limit serves to prevent accidental ear damage as exposure to loud sound is wont to cause. Remove the limit from the control panel of your PC or the settings of your smart device. Hopefully the volume will be high enough for your liking.
2. Use a Volume Increasing App
If the maximum volume is still not satisfactory, you might consider using apps meant specifically to raise the volume on your device. The apps are many and varied.
There are some for Apple devices and some for Android devices too. These enhance the volume on your device past the device’s maximum volume. They can come in handy if you have problems listening to music using headphones due to a low volume.
Some of these apps include the following:
- Equalizer +
- Volume Booster Pro
- Volume Boost +
- Volume Control +
3. Enhance the Bass Another way to ensure that you get the best sound quality possible is to enhance the bass on your device.This also has the effect of making sound louder, which ultimately contributes to a better listening experience. To do so:
- Go to the Control Panel of your PC
- Click on Hardware and Sounds
- Click on Sound
- When the Playback tab opens, click on Headphones
- Click on Properties to start modifying the headphones
- Click on the Enhancement tab, and then on Bass Boost
- Click on Apply to save the changes
4. Use Ear MuffsOne of the things that can make your headphones not be loud enough is external noise. It is really hard to hear a thing when you are surrounded by noise. Rather than buy expensive headphones that cancel out all external noises, why not use earmuffs on your current pair?
Earmuffs are a cheap alternative and they do as good a job as their expensive alternatives. With them, you can rest assured that all external noises will be completely drowned out.
5. Use Velour PadsAlternatively, you could also opt to use Velour pads instead of earmuffs. Besides the obvious benefit of shutting out external noises, Velour pads also make it much more comfortable to wear your earphones.
They can come in real handy especially if you have faux leather pads on your earphones which tend to wear out fast and cause irritation.
6. Use a Stand- Alone AmplifierYou may also choose to buy a stand- alone amplifier if all else fails. Generally, stand- alone amplifiers are better than built- in ones because they are not limited in terms of space as built- in amplifiers are.
This in turn means that they have more power, which translates to louder sound.
7. Buy Quality HeadphonesFinally, you can save yourself a lot of volume- related trouble by buying quality headphones and taking good care of them.
Clean them often and avoid storing them in a tangled way. This will pay off the in the long run.
Now you know what to do in order to get louder sounds from your headphones. Beware that exposing your ears to extremely loud sound can damage them, so follow these tips with moderation so that you can get the right sound from your headphones.
If you do, volume shouldn’t be a bother when listening to music. Knowing how to get the best from your headphones is one of the fundamental factors that will ensure you enjoy your music.