Best Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones for Sleeping Reviews|2017
If you want to have a more personal experience while hearing music rather than playing your songs loud on a subwoofer, headphones are the way to go. Moreover, when you want your music listening experience to be convenient and completely hassle-free, Bluetooth headphones have to be your choice. Without wires, cables and pins, you have to live with fewer components that can start acting up later. Not to mention the annoyance of tangling wires that comes with wired headphones. In addition to this convenience, Bluetooth headphones have come a long way to offer the rich and impeccable sound experience that you get from them today.
Headphone buying experience can be quite intimidating for new buyers. There are so many different categories and factors to look at that a new buyer might feel lost. Therefore, when you are looking for Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping, your consideration will be completely different from when you are looking for headphones for swimming. You have to ask yourself some important questions in order to buy the right headphones. Here is a list of questions you need to ask yourself before buying any type of headphones.
Important Questions to Ask before Buying Headphones
What Will You Use Them For?
The first question is of course what you will use your headphones for. Not everyone is going to hear music on headphones. While most people want headphones to hear music, some are looking for a good pair of comfortable headphones for gaming.
In a similar fashion, some people want headphones for listening to podcasts and others need them for attending their sound therapy sessions. Companies that make these headphones design them according to the purpose they will be used for. Gaming headphones don’t have to have the highest quality sound but they must always be comfortable on ears and head even after long hours of gaming.
When you are looking for Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping, you want reliable sound canceling mechanism. People who like to swim and play numerous water sports would go for headphones that have at least IP67 or IP68 water resistance ratings.
In simple words, when you are looking for headphones for sleeping, your utmost requirement is noise cancellation, not water resistance.
How Long Will You Use Them For?
You surely want to use your headphones for as long as possible but here the question means how long will be your each headphone wearing session. If you wear your headphones for hours, you would want proper cushioning.
Even more important than cushioning is the form factor of the headphones. Make sure they have been designed to conform to the shape of your skull. If your headphones are not comfortable on your skull and you still wear them for long hours, they are going to cause unbearable discomfort.
Where Will You Mostly Hear Music?
This is another important question because portability is one of the most important concerns for most modern electronics. If you like to hear music on the go, you would want something that you can easily carry with you. The good thing with Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping is that they don’t have any wires and cables, so portability is not a problem.
However, you would want to look for additional features such as folding, rotating and swiveling cups. These features turn your headphones into a flat form factor making it easy for you to carry them with you in a small bag. When you just want to hear music in your bed, you don’t have to look for these features.
What Environment Will You Be in Mostly?
Noise cancellation has become quite an important part of headphone buying experience. Some headphones provide an inferior music listening experience mainly because the noise from the surroundings comes in your ears easily and it mixes with the music.
Therefore, if your job requires you to stand close to machines or in any noisy environment, you will have to look for headphones with noise cancellation options. Some headphones use closed ear cups from the back and over the ear design to cancel noise and provide an isolated experience while others use special technological components to cancel noise.
However, it does not mean that you will always have to buy headphones with noise cancellation options. If you mostly hear music in quiet environment, just like hearing music on your Bluetooth headphones while lying down in your bed, you don’t need noise cancellation. Pay for this feature only if you really need it.
Which Ear Cup Design Do You Find Most Comfortable?
If you have owned one or multiple pairs of headphones before, you must be aware of the different types of ear cup designs. The design of the ear cup is not only for comfort but different designs provide different sound listening experience as well.
There are three main designs to choose from in ear, on ear and over the ear. In ear headphones, as the name suggests, are inserted in your ear canals. They get as close to your ear drum as possible.
On ear headphones rest on your ear, more like press on your ears. Over the ear headphones have big sized ear cups that cover your entire ear within a hollow groove. They are very comfortable and their noise cancellation qualities are good too.
What Will You Be Connecting Your Headphones To?
Since you are looking for Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping, you don’t have to worry about this particular option. You don’t need to insert any pins in any jacks.
This is a big hassle from which Bluetooth headphones keep you away. For those looking for wired headphones, this is a crucial question. Depending on the impedance of the headphones, they will work well with different devices.
When your headphones have a high impedance level, you can plug it into any powerful amplifier. A headphone with low impedance can blow out if plugged into a more powerful amplifier. If your headphones will be mostly plugged into devices like laptops, tablets, smartphones, iPods etc. impedance should not matter to you much.
How Much Range Will Be Suitable For You?
This particular point applies to wired headphones as well but it is crucially important for Bluetooth headphones. With wired headphones, the wire of the headphones acts as the range.
If you sit far from the device you connect your headphones to, you might want a lengthy wire. For best coverage, you will go for coiled wire. However, if you are using your headphones for swimming, the smaller the cable is the better it will be.
In the case of Bluetooth headphones it’s the range of your Bluetooth that matters. According to a common standard, your Bluetooth headphones should work just fine for as long as they are within 30 feet of the Bluetooth signals. Some headphones even have up to 40 feet of coverage.
This factor matters when buying headphones because some people need larger range. If you are going to swim with your headphones, you would want your headphones to work find no matter which corner of the pool you are at.
How Latest Is the Technology?
The newness of technology matters a lot when you are looking for Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping. The noise canceling technology will be more reliable if it is new.
The Bluetooth version on your headphones should be 4.2. It won’t hurt much if the Bluetooth is 4.1 but you should not be okay with anything below that. The newer the Bluetooth technology the more reliable it will be. It catches stronger signals and is much easier to connect.
It can connect within a couple of seconds whereas old Bluetooth technology can take even more than a minute to connect. If your Bluetooth headphones have old Bluetooth technology, you will often find yourself complaining about bad transmission and clicking noise while listening to music.
Write down the answers to these questions and you will have a set of requirements that you would expect your headphones to meet.
However, before you do that, you might want to know the common mistakes people make while buying headphones. Many people end up buying the wrong headphones because they give weight to factors that are not that important.
Common Mistakes That People Make while Buying Headphones
Thinking That Louder Is Better
Some people buy headphones based on how loud they are. While loudness is seemingly quite an appealing factor when buying something that is supposed to make sound, it can be deceiving when it comes to buying headphones.
Headphones that go really loud need to be assessed based on the clarity of their sound. The louder the headphones sound the more the sound distorts.
Headphones that can go really loud without letting the sound distort are the ones you would want to buy. However, if the headphones are only loud but they lose the clarity of sound the louder they go, stay away from buying such headphones.
When buying headphones you will often see noise sensitivity ratings of the headphones. This shows you just what the maximum loudness level your headphones can work with.
If you manage to raise the volume even higher using some software, you might completely destroy your headphones.
Thinking That More Bass Is Better
Another area where people often make the mistake is the bass of headphones. Since the most popular EDM music in today’s world revolves around bass, some people assume that more bass is better.
What they don’t realize is that excessive bass distorts the quality of sound coming from your headphones. Headphones or earphones that have very loud bass settings will often produce unclear and unintelligible sounds.
They have so much bass that other notes can’t be heard clearly. A good test of such headphones is to wear them and listen to an a capella track or a speech. If the voice of the person sounds clear, your headphones are fine.
However, if the sound of the speaker feels muffled, it is because there is too much bass coming in your ears from your headphones.
Thinking That More Cushioning is Better
Headphones that have a lot of cushioning on them appear really comfortable. However, more cushioning does not always mean more comfort. The first thing that really matters here is the type of material being used for cushioning.
You should always look for breathable ear cup cushioning. When the material on your ear cups is not breathable, you will notice a lot of sweat in your ears when you take your headphones off.
This is because no air is passing through the cushioning material causing suffocation in the ear cups. This can be very discomforting and you will not be able to find any solution to the problem.
So, when you are looking for Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping, do not look for more cushioning rather look for cushioning done with the right materials.
Completely Ignoring the Microphone
Many headphone buyers will get so busy in looking for the most ideally sounding headphones that they will end up completely ignoring the microphone feature. Microphone is an important component on your headphones.
You might need it today but when you will need it you will need it. If the microphone on your headphones is of bad quality it can become quite an annoyance, especially if you are a regular gamer.
A microphone that is excessively sensitive to noise will be very painful for those who are listening to you. In addition to that, you also need to look at the way the microphone is connected to the headphones.
If you are going to use the microphone only rarely, you don’t want it to be in your way all the time. Some microphones are very poorly attached to the ear cup of the headphones.
Such a microphone becomes loose with time and keeps falling in front of your mouth continuously when you don’t want it to.
Thinking That Tight Is Always Bad
Some headphones can be really tight around your skull when you wear them for the first time. Many people would move on to buying some other headphones after this without realizing that they have made a mistake. Many headphones are made from materials that conform to the shape of your head with time.
They are tight in the beginning but become very comfortable as you continue to wear them. This process does not take more than a couple of hours and then you feel fully comfortable wearing these headphones.
On a side note, do not buy headphones that feel very loose on your head just for the sake of comfort. Headphones that are extraordinarily loose will keep on slipping away. They can be very annoying when you are trying to play a game and talking at the same time or head banging to your favorite metal or rock song.
Now that you know the mistakes that people often make while buying headphones, you should make sure to keep away from them when shopping for yours.
The next important piece of information before buying Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping is to know how they have been priced. There are certain factors that can add to the price of your headphones. Here are the components and features that make headphones expensive or inexpensive.
Factors That Affect the Prices of Headphones
What Mode of Connectivity Do They Use?
Generally, Bluetooth headphones are more expensive than wired headphones. However, the manufacturers are not charging you extra money just for offering you a unique wireless connectivity feature.
In fact, they have to add certain components to Bluetooth headphones that make them expensive.
For example, Bluetooth headphones will have a battery on them so they can work wirelessly. This battery is added to the headset and will need to be charged using a charger that also comes with the package.
Not to mention, the wireless connectivity technology is much more sophisticated than the conventional wired technology.
How Much Impedance Do They Have?
As mentioned earlier, impedance in headphones makes them more stable when connected to multitude of devices. Large amplifiers and devices can cause headphones with low impedance levels to blow out.
You will notice that the headphones meant for audiophiles often have very high impedance. These headphones also happen to be the most expensive headphones.
They have great sound quality and higher noise sensitivity ratings as well, so you can play them as loud as you want.
How Much Impedance Do They Have?
Drivers are the components on headphones that are responsible for producing good or bad sound. The bigger the drivers on the headphones the better the headphones will sound.
You will often notice manufacturers talking about the size of drivers on their headphones. This is because audiophiles will always prefer bigger driver sizes for better, richer and pleasing sound listening experience.
You also have to keep in mind that bigger driver size requires the headphone to be bigger as well. You will often notice that in-ear headphones have very small driver sizes.
However, the shape and the fact that they fit right into your ear canal compensate for the smaller driver sizes.
What Materials Have Been Used in Their Construction?
This is one of the most important factors that can have a huge impact on the pricing of headphones. Headphone manufacturers have to use different materials for making different components of their headphones. Some use the same cushioning material for the ear cups and headband while others choose different materials for the two types of cushioning. Some prefer metal construction to make the headphones durable while others go for plastic to keep the costs low. There are headphones with plastic and metal construction as well.
In most cases, headphones made of metal are more expensive than headphones made out of plastic. This is because metal is expensive and it also offers more durability to the unit. You can even find in-ear headphones that are made of metal. As for the cushioning materials, some manufacturers have their own patented materials, and so their headphones are a bit expensive. In simple words, the quality of cushioning material can also add up to the cost of your headphones.
How Waterproof Are They?
People could not imagine waterproof headphones in the past but they are a commonplace thing today. However, water resistance features can still add to the cost of your headphones. Making headphones IP67 or IP68 requires some efforts on manufacturer’s part.
This is why headphones meant for swimmers are often available at higher costs than regular headphones even though the rest of the features on the two headphones might be identical.
How Good Is Their Battery?
This is an important point to consider when buying Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping. Bluetooth headphones run on batteries and if you don’t want to keep on hugging the wall all the time, your headphones need to have a good battery.
While some headphone manufacturers have really affordable headphones despite their amazing battery performance, you will have to pay a few extra bucks for larger battery on most occasions. When buying Bluetooth headphones, you have to make sure to pick a unit that can last for at least 6 hours with one charge. Battery performance can be different for these headphones based on how you are using them and how loud you are using them.
If your Bluetooth headphones have an on-board storage and you are playing songs from that memory, you will get better battery timing. However, you will get less battery time when playing songs over Bluetooth. In a similar way, your battery life is also affected based on how loud you are listening to the music. The higher you keep your volume level the faster your battery will discharge. Good batteries on Bluetooth headphones can provide you standby times of up to 10 days.
Keeping in mind all the important points mentioned above, here are some of the best Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping.
Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones for Sleeping – 7 of the Best to Spend Your Money On
1. LC Dolida Stereo Sleep Headphones Review
One of the biggest challenges when designing Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping is to come up with a perfect mix of functionality and comfort. LC Dolida surely understands what comfort meant to a sleeper to design such comfortable-to-wear headphones. These headphones are in the form of a headband. The best thing about this design is that you can use your headphones not only to hear serene music while sleeping but to cover your eyes as well. You don’t have to turn off the lights when you have covered them with this band.
Here are some of the most notable features of these headphones.
- The first and most noticeable thing about these headphones is that they have a 2 in 1 design. You can use them to listen to music while trying to sleep and also cover your eyes to help yourself fall asleep faster.
- The band is tight enough to fit any head size. In fact, if you don’t cover the eyes with it, the band keeps your hair in check so they don’t get messed while you are sleeping.
- The material used on these headphones is sweat absorbing. This makes these headphones just as perfect for exercising as they are for sleeping.
- There is a Bluetooth module inserted into the headband. This module can be removed when it comes to washing. And yes, you can wash the fabric of the band just like you wash any other items of clothing.
- The headband does not irritate your head or forehead because it is made of cotton and nylon.
- There is a big 200mAh battery on these headphones to provide you a battery backup timing of nearly 5 hours while constantly listening. When you need to charge it charges within only 2 hours.
- The frequency response is also great on these headphones allowing you to hear bass as deep as 20Hz and treble as high as 20,000Hz.
- The Bluetooth module on these headphones is pretty strong as it allows you to get transmission within a range of 33 feet or 10 meters.
- The controls for music are located right on the headband.
- There is also a built-in microphone on it to answer those instant calls from out of the blue.
This is a beautifully designed Bluetooth headphone for sleeping. The fabric around your ears helps cancel a lot of noise around you as well. In this way, these headphones can be a great addition to your luggage when you are traveling by train or plane, and need a short nap while traveling.
Everything about the headphones is great. The only area where improvements can be and should be made is battery. 5 hours of battery time is not the most impressive battery time for sleeping headphones. Another good addition that LC Dolida can make is colors. The only colors available for now are black, grey and dark blue.
2. CozyPhones Bluetooth Contour Series Headphones Review
These Bluetooth headphones from CozyPhones have also been designed specifically for sleeping. While you can wear them while doing yoga, running, jogging or any other physical fitness activity, they are most suitable for listening to music while sleeping. The materials used on these headphones make them a perfect fit for anyone. Here are the notable features of these Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping.
- The speakers used on these headphones are so thin you will have hard time feeling them inside the fabric. This ensures you are fully comfortable while sleeping with them on.
- The shape of the band on these headphones is also commendable as it is made to fit over your ears perfectly.
- The inside lining on the headband is mesh. This not only keeps your head and forehead cool as you are wearing the headphones but also keeps your headphones in place even if you move a lot during your sleep.
- They are Bluetooth headphones with a standard range of 10 meters. The best thing is that they are compatible with almost any device that has Bluetooth technology on it. You won’t have to worry about their compatibility with Android, iOS or Windows.
- While they are mainly meant to provide you comfort while sleeping, they have a good frequency range for producing quality sound. The frequency range for these headphones is 20Hz to 20,000Hz.
Since they are meant for you to hear soothing music when you are getting ready to sleep, the first thing that matters is comfort level. Of course, they introduced mesh material on the inside lining for that purpose.
Furthermore, they have contoured them to fit your ears perfectly so you can sleep with them without removing them accidentally. People who are not interested in Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping can also buy a wired version of the same headphones.
One area where improvement can be made is introduction of new colors. Currently, there are only a couple of colors available: black and grey.
3. U-Bluetooth In-Ear Wireless Headphones Review
If you want Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping with some innovation, these might be the right headphones for you. You will be proud to buy these headphones because they look so high-end. They have a beautiful shape and there is a lot of innovation going on in their design. As of now, the company likes to call these headphones the smallest Bluetooth earphones. You will pretty much agree with the claim when you hold them in your hands. Here are the features that make these headphones really great.
- The earphones are really small as claimed by the company. You can hardly notice them in your ears after wearing them.
- They come with a charging case that you can use to charge your headphones for up to 10 times. You don’t get that convenience with most other Bluetooth headphones. Once you have charged the headphones, you can use them continuously for up to 1 hour.
- It uses the Bluetooth 4.1 technology and according to the company, their Bluetooth headphones can work within a range of 60 feet i.e. 20 meters. This is definitely going to be a huge advantage if the claims prove right. Most other Bluetooth headphones have only 30 feet of Bluetooth range.
- These are among the few Bluetooth headphones that put great focus on the sound quality as well. They have big 8.6mm drivers according to their size to produce great sound.
- Even the frequency range of these headphones is much better than most other Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping. They have a frequency range of 6Hz to 22,000Hz. This means you will be able to hear crispy treble and some deep bass too.
- The small size of these headphones is a great plus because they fit so perfectly in your ears they don’t come out easily no matter how much you toss and turn during sleep.
- Being in-ear headphones you can already expect them to cancel the noise pretty good. This allows you to sleep in comfort even when you are traveling in noisy environments.
- They are available in some beautiful colors options: blue, red, black, and grey.
Some good news for Bluetooth headphone wearers is that these headphones come in a pair. Most other miniature Bluetooth headphones come as a single piece only. With these headphones you will surely have a great time talking to your loved ones and listening to your favorite music or podcasts.
There is no doubt that these are the smallest Bluetooth earphones you can get in the market. However, what impresses more about these headphones is that you have two of them.
Furthermore, the charging case holds a 2000mAh battery in it to provide 20 recharges to your earphones. However, on one charge the earphones provide a backup of only 1 hour. This is one area where the makers of these headphones will have to work. This could be challenge since they will have to keep the ear pieces really small while managing to put a big sized battery on them.
4. Kelodo Bluetooth Earbud Review
Some people are not comfortable listening to music or anything in just one ear. However, if you are in the habit of wearing your headset in only one ear, you should definitely get your hands on this Kelodo Bluetooth earbud. This earbud is really small and fits perfectly in your ears. Once inside your ear, you should not have any problem sleeping with them. However, it is best that you experiment that before wearing them during your sleep. Here are some of the most amazing features of Kelodo Bluetooth earbud.
- The first thing that impresses about this earbud is the size. While the headphones from U-Bluetooth are pretty small, this earbud is nothing less. Not even the wearer feels their weight in his/her ear.
- With Bluetooth 4.1 you can listen to the music in your paired device from a distance of 33 feet.
- The battery on this earbud is only 60mAh but Kelodo has optimized the hardware really well to give you 5.5 hours of music listening on this battery.
- The battery can be charged fully within just 1.5 hours. With this fast charge they will give you nearly 6 hours of talk time.
- The latest technology on this earbud allows it to be connected to two devices at the same time.
- One of the best things about this earbud is the quality of sound it produces. You will be impressed with its rich sound experience with near perfect highs, lows and middles.
- The tip design perfectly fits inside your ears and does not come out even if you are running fast.
- One of the best things about this earbud is that you can wear it in either ear. You will not fit any discomfort whether you put it in your right ear or left.
- They are one of the most compatible ear buds out there. Whether you have an Android phone, Windows phone or an iPhone, these headphones will not trouble you with pairing incompatibility issues.
- The one button control on this earbud is something that makes it tremendously convenient to use. Using this one button on the earbud not only can you pick and end calls but also change tracks, lower and increase volume etc.
- There is also a microphone on these headphones. With noise cancellation features, this microphone makes your sound clean when heard on the other side.
- While many other headphones that look pretty similar to this one are pretty small in size, none is as small as this earbud. It goes in your ear and no part of the earpiece is showing outside your ear. This allows you to sleep in any position and you will not accidentally press your head on the headphone.
Keep in mind that you have to keep the sound of the earphones about half way if you want to get the best battery timing. Don’t let this disappoint you since loud hearing for long time can cause hearing impairment.
This is a tiny and cute little earbud for sure. It is very small in size and has some great functions on such a small body. There should be no complaint about the battery timing on these headphones.
First, their size is really small to have a big battery. Secondly, even with this little size they are able to give you nearly 6 hours of music listening once your battery is fully charged. The makers should definitely introduce some new colors because people like to personalize their headphones.
5. SleepPhones Wireless Lightweight Headphones Review
SleepPhones Wireless lightweight headphones have been designed keeping the comfort of sleepers in mind. If you have insomnia and can’t put yourself to sleep, these headphones might be a revolutionary product for you. Listen to soothing and calming music with these headphones on and you might just get a good night sleep. These headphones are also in the form factor of a headband and this makes them perfect for not only sleeping but during exercises, yoga, aerobics etc. Here are the notable features of these headphones.
- The best thing about these headphones is that they offer good quality of sound. Most phones meant for sleeping focus more on comfort elements and not so much on sound quality, but that’s not the case with these headphones.
- The speakers on these Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping have been designed for people who sleep on their sides. They are so flat that you will not feel them even when you are sleeping on your side.
- The headband is really tight so you will never have to worry about your headband sliding off slowly during sleep.
- The Bluetooth on these headphones is compatible with any other device that has Bluetooth whether it’s an Android phone or an iPhone.
- The transmission range within which the headphones will have no problem pairing with your devices is nearly 10 meters.
- The fabric used for making the headband can be easily washed in washing machine. It is also hypoallergenic for those who have any allergy related problems.
- The charging time on the battery is 3 hours.
- Once your headphones have been charged fully, you can play music non-stop for up to 13 hours. This is probably the best music listening time offered by any headphones from this category.
These headphones are available in two different material options: fleece and breeze. Both the fabric are not only comfortable on your skin and soft to touch but they also provide great blocking of the surrounding noise so you can sleep in comfort listening to some soothing track.
Right from the first look you can tell these headphones are designed to not slip away no matter how much you toss and turn through the night. The flat speakers make the headphones unnoticeable on your head.
The price is one factor that might make you think twice about these headphones since there are cheaper and similar headphones available too. However, you will hardly be able to find another unit that provides you up to 13 hours of music playback time.
Most other headphones will shut down half way through the night if you sleep for more than 6 hours. One big convenience is that the fabric of these headphones is pre-shrunk. This means you won’t have to worry about shrinkage in size after washing the fabric in machine.
6. Rotibox Lightweight Bluetooth Headband Review
This is another headband headphone with some great features for those who like to hear soothing music while sleeping. You could say that these headphones are the most stylish out of the bunch despite the fact that all these headband headphones look pretty much the same. Due to their fitting design, they are a perfect choice for sports lovers and athletes too. Here are some of the most notable features of these Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping.
- The best thing about these headphones is how durable they have been made. The material is 100% lycra which is soft and comfortable.
- The design fits perfectly on your head and brings the ear pieces right on your ears.
- The material is washable, so when you feel it looks dirty, throw it in the washing machine after taking out the Bluetooth module.
- Rotibox has been quite clever in giving public a huge range of options when it comes to colors. The jungle camouflage version is probably the coolest out of tens of others.
- It uses Bluetooth 4.1 for transmission. You get clear signals, fast pairing and great sound quality with this newer version of Bluetooth.
- The range of Bluetooth on this device is up to 10 meters. This means you can hear your favorite songs with ease even if you are 33 feet away from your paired device.
- There is also a built-in microphone on these headphones to allow you to make calls.
- There is a big 120mAh battery on these headphones. This battery can take up to 2.5 hours before it fully charges but once it has been fully charged, you can listen to music for up to 6 hours without stopping. The standby time of the battery is up to 60 hours.
- From iPhones to most Android phones on the market, this device is compatible with almost all of them.
- The good part about their material and construction is that they can be a great head warming headband in winters or when your air conditioning unit is giving you chills.
There is no doubt about the fact that Rotibox has played it well with the colors. The colors and color patterns have been created for men, women, children and even sportsmen.
The overall impression of these headphones is great. They have been made with great care. You can tell by holding them in your hands for the first time that they are built to last. The size is perfect to fit on most head sizes.
While the performance of battery on these headphones is not bad at all, there are others with even better battery life. In this scenario, Rotibox should definitely invest in improving its battery life and quality to beat its competitors.
They should also consider introducing fast charging because 2.5 hours of charging time can be a bit frustrating for some people when the total battery time is only 6 hours.
7. FanJazz Wireless Bluetooth Eye Mask Headphones Review
Just when you thought headband headphones were the most functional and comfortable headphones out there for sleepers, FanJazz comes with its amazing wireless Bluetooth eye mask headphones. Yes, these are headphones designed in the shape of eye mask for people who have problem sleeping, or need to sleep on a plane or train. They are available in many different colors. Some of the color options have been particularly introduced for girls such as the pink one. Here are the highlights of these headphones.
- They have an amazing design that not only covers your ears but eyes as well. The eye mask design is big so there is no way for rays of light to pass through from any angles once you are wearing these headphones.
- The eye mask design extends up to your ears to keep the noise out when you are hearing music.
- The controls for music are located conveniently on the right ear.
- The fabric is soft and even machine-washable. Just make sure you have taken out the Bluetooth module before you take it for washing.
- Bluetooth compatibility is not a problem on these headphones. Most of the smartphones, tablets and laptops will be easily compatible with them.
- There is also a built-in microphone so you can take and make calls.
- The battery on these headphones is a Lithium battery with 130mAh charge capacity. Once you have fully charged the headphones they can give you a music playback time of up to 6 hours.
- The latest Bluetooth technology makes it easy for you to pair with other Bluetooth devices. The range of this device is up to 33 feet or 10 meters.
- The fabric is more like soft foam so it is super comfortable on your eyes.
- This fabric can be easily washed in machines.
- The controls available on the headband make it easy for you to change the tracks. The volume buttons can be used for additional functions such as skipping the songs too.
Many Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping are designed in the shape of headbands. These headphones stay in place as you turn while sleeping and provide a great fit even for sports activities. However, these headphones are some of the rare ones that are in the shape of an eye mask. It is time to protect your eyes as well as your ears.
You won’t find many products quite like this one with the same price tag or lower. These headphones have been priced reasonably despite the great comfort features they offer.
While these headphones are meant for sleeping, the size of speakers on the ears is a bit bulky comparatively. This means the headphones can be a little discomforting if you sleep on your side.
However, if you are sleeping on a comfortable and soft surface, this should not be a big issue. With a charging time of more than 2 hours, the company claims the headphones will run for 4 to 6 hours. Improvements can be made in this area as well.
So, these are the 7 best Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping. Some of them are a bit pricey but they also have some really distinguishing features. Once you have made up your mind to buy one of the headphones from the list, make sure you follow these tips to use your headphones the right way.
Tips before You Start Using Your Headphones
- Make sure that you have confirmed with the company that your headphones are made for side sleepers. Many of the headphones made for sleepers are not as good for people who sleep on their side.
- Always make sure while pairing the headphones with your smartphones and other devices that Bluetooth is on. On many smartphones, you will have to make the phone visible in the settings even after you have turned the Bluetooth on.
- Always make sure you have turned your headphones off after using them otherwise the battery will discharge and you will be met with a surprise when you pick them up to hear music the next time.
- Whenever you hear any distortions in the sound, do not assume that your headphones have started to act up. As a first step to resolve the problem, move closer to the Bluetooth device. In most cases, this distortion is caused by weak signals.
- Keep the sound low at around 50% whenever you are hearing music, especially when you are about to sleep. Hearing music loudly for longer durations can cause hearing impairment. A better way to go about this problem is to buy headphones that stop and remind you about taking them off for some time after regular intervals.
- Always make sure to check the fabric in your hand or ask the company representatives when buying online. The fabric should be breathable to prevent sweating.
- Always check the version of Bluetooth technology that’s on your headphones. Almost all the headphones on this list have Bluetooth version over 4.0. However, you will still find many headphones on the market with Bluetooth 3.0 and lower.
- Make sure you are keeping the count of recharges when using headphones with a charging dock. Many headphones that come with their own charging dock don’t have any mechanism of displaying that the dock is about to run out of battery.
- Always take safety precautions if you are a mother taking care of a little baby in the house. Keeping the sound too loud might keep you from hearing your crying baby.
- When looking at the battery performance, don’t just look at the time it takes for the battery to fully discharge but also the time it takes for it to fully charge.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you know about some good quality Bluetooth noise canceling headphones for sleeping. The intention was also to help you buy any type of headphones in general by knowing which factors matter and which don’t. With this valuable information at hand, you should be able to buy the best Bluetooth headphones for a good night sleep.