Best Cheap DJ Headphones under $100 
If you have always wanted to buy the best cheap DJ headphones under 100 without taking a nosedive quality-wise, you have come to the right place.
This guide will help you buy the best headphones meant for DJs at an affordable cost. DJs have certain requirements when it comes to functionality and features – requirements that a normal user won’t really think twice about.
This is nothing out of the world, but any feature that lets the DJ make music without any complications and with streamline precision is something that will be on his list of favorite headphones.
So, if you are looking for headphones designed specifically for DJs here’s some information to help you pick the best.
Important Considerations When Buying Headphones for DJs
- 1 Important Considerations When Buying Headphones for DJs
- 2 Best Cheap DJ Headphones under $100
- 2.1 1. Behringer HPX2000 Headphones Review
- 2.2 2. TASCAM TH02-B Stylish Headphones Review
- 2.3 3. OneOdio Adapter-free DJ Headphones Review
- 2.4 4. Monoprice 108323 Hi-Fi Dj Style Headphones Review
- 2.5 5. Audio Technica ATH-M20x Professional Headphones Review
- 3 Best Cheap DJ Headphones Summary
Do They Have Good Highs and Lows?
Whether you are looking for best cheap DJ headphones under 100 or higher, your top most concern in terms of sound should be highs and lows.
You want the lows to be enhanced and crisp when it comes to highs. DJs don’t focus much on the accuracy of sound. If the headphones create a deep, rich deep bass and crispy high-hat sounds, you should be good to go.
When it comes to impedance, you will be looking at something above 25ohms. The drivers should be bigger than 40mm and the lower end of the frequency range should be 20Hz.
Is the Maximum Input a Big Number?
Another important thing with DJ headphones is that they should have a high input. Why would you need headphones with high input level?
This is because a high input level prevents your headphone sounds from distorting as you go louder. Of course, DJs have to perform in loud and crowded places.
To be able to hear sounds from their headphones they need to play the music at loud volume. 3000mW is a good input rating for any DJ headphones.
Do They Swivel and Rotate?
This is one of the most important concerns when DJs are buying headphones. This particular feature might not be important if you use headphones at home just to listen to your favorite music artists.
As for DJs, they have to listen to their headphones and the music playing on the good amplifiers simultaneously. They are constantly making music while listening to it in one ear only.
If the ear cups on your headphones don’t swivel and rotate, they will make your job much harder than it really is.
Do They Look Durable?
This becomes an even more important consideration when you are looking for headphones with swiveling and rotating features.
Such mechanisms on headphones require special connections and several joints. The more joints there are, the more weak points there will be on a pair of headphones.
Therefore, you have to look carefully at the product to examine how durable the joints, pivot points, screws and hinges seem.
Do They Have Closed Or Open Back?
To many headphone users it may seem that closed or open back ear cups are just there for aesthetic purposes, but that’s not the case.
With open-back headphones, the ambient and surrounding sounds can easily pass through and get in your ears while you are listening to your headphones.
Closed-back headphones are known for providing a very isolated experience as they keep outside noises out. You can see many DJs they pick closed-back headphones.
Another reason why they pick closed-back headphones is because they often have better bass compared to their counterparts.
Are They Portable?
Portability translates to the size of your headphones and their storage options. First, your headphones should have a compact design so you can carry them anywhere easily.
Since you will be trying to fit them in a small bag of your DJ accessories, it is best that you can fold them in a smaller shape. Even if they don’t fold, they should be designed well to be portable.
Lastly, they should be made of light materials so you can use them for hours without feeling uncomfortable or tiring your ears.
These are some important considerations that you can keep in mind while looking for the best cheap DJ headphones under 100. They are not hard and fast rules. If you have your personal requirements that differ from the list given above, you can make them a part of your considerations to buy the best DJ headphones.
Best Cheap DJ Headphones under $100
1. Behringer HPX2000 Headphones Review
The Behringer HPX2000 Headphones are the true definition of affordable DJ headphones. When you want the best cheap DJ headphones under 100 with beautifully produced highs and lows, these headphones have to be your first choice. Here are the top and most notable features of these headphones.
- Behringer takes pride in producing high quality bass sounds and super crispy lows.
- The 1/8” and ¼” connector and adapter are included with the headphones. This is something that any DJ needs to connect headphones to their gear.
- The cord is free of oxygen to transmit best sound quality to your ears.
- The round shaped ear cups can be rotated and reversed with a durable hinged connection.
- The headband is fully cushioned for comfort and contrasted with the rest of the material for pleasing esthetics.
The overall construction of these headphones is amazing. Customers have given them really positive responses, especially loving the sound quality. The best thing about these headphones is how affordable they are despite these amazing features.
2. TASCAM TH02-B Stylish Headphones Review
When you want best cheap DJ headphones under 100 that also look stylish, the TASCAM TH02-B headphones are the perfect pick for you. Not only are these headphones a perfect fit for a DJ on a budget, but they even look really cool when you wear them. They have some really cool features that you can talk about. Here are the most notable ones.
TASCAM TH02-B Features
- Aesthetically pleasing design sporting a single color throughout the frame.
- The ear cups fold inside the frame so you can carry these folded headphones easily even in a small backpack.
- The closed back ear cups provide complete isolation from the surrounding to listen to every sound detail.
- The headband and ear cups are fully cushioned with a nice, soft material for your comfort.
- The ear cups can be rotated to 90-degree – a design feature that’s necessary for DJs.
- High impedance of 32ohms and big drivers at 50mm to produce neatest bass.
- Frequency response ranges from 18Hz to 22 kHz – exactly what a DJ needs.
- It has an extra 3 meter long cable to avoid yanking it out of the ports.
Catering to DJs’ very need, these headphones come with a snap-on 1/8” to ¼” adapter so you can use them with mp3 players, smartphones, DJ consoles, etc.
3. OneOdio Adapter-free DJ Headphones Review
They might be priced a bit higher than the other two on the list, but your first glance at the OneOdio adapter-free DJ headphones will make you fall in love with them. From adapter-free design to looks and high quality audio to a mind blowing folding featured, this headphone boasts the most amazing aesthetics and the coolest features. Here is what makes these headphones so great.
OneOdio Adapter-free DJ Features
- They are esthetically fashionable, trendy, beautiful and unique.
- The adapter free design means there is a cable with 6.3mm and 3.5mm connector on each end so you can switch between them whenever you need to.
- The cable is coiled to provide you great freedom of movement while making music.
- Fully cushioned headband and ear cups with contrasted red stitching on black material for esthetic beauty.
- Closed back ear cups for deep bass and adjustable sliding design to fit any head size.
- The ear cups fold inside completely and the headphone becomes small enough to fit inside any small sized bag.
- Big 50mm drivers for high quality sound production.
- Reversible ear cups so you can hear in one ear only when mixing different beats.
- 32ohms of impedance and frequency range of 20Hz to 20000Hz.
- The breathable leather on ear cups and headband make it comfortable for hours of use.
They might seem a bit deceiving at first glance, but they are over-ear headphones that will completely cover your ears when you wear them.
4. Monoprice 108323 Hi-Fi Dj Style Headphones Review
The Monoprice 108323 DJ style headphones have a very minimalistic design, but don’t let the looks fool you. They have all the amazing features that a DJ looking for best cheap DJ headphones under 100 wants. These are over the ear headphones so they will cover your ears completely and block a lot of the noise from the outside. Here are some of their notable features.
Monoprice 108323 Features
- As per the manufacturer, these are rugged headphones ready for rough use.
- The big ear pieces are covered with thick cushioning that not only provides you comfort, but shuts out surrounding noise too.
- Ear cups swivel up to 90 degrees for DJs to listen with one ear when it comes to matching two different beats.
- They have the detachable cable feature, which means you can detach the cable after using the headphones to avoid breaking the cable accidentally.
- The drivers are large sized at 50mm to produce high quality sound.
- There is a 3.5mm to ¼” adapter plug included with the package.
- With rotating ear cups on a hinge, you can fold these headphones for easy portability.
These headphones have 100dB sensitivity for you to listen to your sounds at loud volumes without any distortions.
5. Audio Technica ATH-M20x Professional Headphones Review
When you have been looking for best cheap DJ headphones under 100 and want sturdy built at that price, Audio Technica ATH-M20x professional headphones are the best headphones you can get your hands on. You would want to buy these headphones not only with DJ requirements in mind, but also when you need something sturdier and more durable than ordinary headphones. Check out the best features of these headphones.
Audio Technica ATH-M20x Features
- The best thing about these headphones is their build quality. The metal frame can take a lot of beating without showing any signs of damage.
- The headband and ear cups are cushioned with breathable material and provide maximum comfort even after multiple hours of use.
- Ear cups rotate vertically for one side listening and 15 degrees horizontally for a perfect fit on your ears.
- The big 40mm drivers throw powerful sounds to your ear drums.
- The ear cups seal your ears perfectly for maximum isolation from the surroundings.
- The noise sensitivity is 96dB and impedance offering is 47ohms.
- It has a nearly 10 feet long cable so you can make music while moving freely without fearing that your cable will get yanked out of the jack.
The design of these headphones might look very minimalistic and simple, but the focus on quality is what makes these headphones better from the rest of the pack.
Best Cheap DJ Headphones Summary
There are certain features that you miss out on when you look for affordable headphones, but with these best cheap DJ headphones under 100 you are guaranteed to experience good sound and hardware quality despite the affordable price.
The makers of these headphones understand their market well and try to fit in all the most needed DJ features on these headphones, so your purchase never seems like a compromise.
The good thing about the headphones mentioned in the list above is that they have all received some really positive comments from their users.
So, take a look at these one by one and pick the one that seems the perfect fit for your requirements.