If you are looking for best headphones for classical music, it means you have a unique taste in music. Modern world finds the modern pop, EDM and rock songs more attractive. Most headphones you buy from the market are tuned according to these genres. Of course, you have access to presets and equalizers to set your music player for the type of music you are playing, but when your headphones are not tuned for a certain genre, they will sound that good.
Finding the right headphones according to your needs requires more things to be checked than you might imagine. Here are some important things to check in your headphones before you purchase them.
|Sennheiser HD 650||A+||Check Price|
|V-Moda Crossfade LP2||A+||Check Price|
|Beyerdynamic DT 880||A||Check Price|
|AKG K550||A||Check Price|
|Audio Technica ATH-AD900X||A-||Check Price|
How to Buy the Perfect Headphones That Offer the Most Value
- 1 How to Buy the Perfect Headphones That Offer the Most Value
- 2 Best Headphones for Classical Music
- 2.1 1. Sennheiser HD 650 Open Back Professional Headphones Review
- 2.2 2. AKG K550 Closed Back Reference Class Headphones Review
- 2.3 3. V-Moda Crossfade LP2 Vocal Headphones Review
- 2.4 4. Audio Technica ATH-AD900X Audiophile Headphones Review
- 2.5 5. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones Review
- 2.6 Classical Music Headphones Summary
What Type of Music Will You Be Hearing?
The most important thing that needs to be considered when buying headphones is the type of music you will be mostly playing on them.
Keep in mind that headphones are tuned according to different music genres. Some produce more bass while other focus on high notes.
In your case, you will be looking for headphones that produce clean sounds. You don’t want too much focus on bass because that is not what classical music revolves around.
In fact, bass boosted headphones will mar your experience of hearing classical music on your headphones.
How Will You Mostly Hear Music?
Another important thing to know is how you will be hearing the music mostly. Some people like to hear music while lying in their bed while others prefer to listen to their favorite tracks while jogging and exercising.
Headphone companies design their headphones differently based on how they will be used. Headphones that you use while exercising and jogging will have more focus on their fit i.e. they should have a firm grip so they don’t slip away as you jog and exercise.
What Environment Will You Be in Mostly?
The type of environment you are in mostly also affects your decision for best headphones for classical music. If you mostly plug in your headphones in environment where there is a lot of noise, you need to pick the ones with proper noise-cancelation mechanism on them.
Headphones that don’t cancel noise well will not give you a good experience as outside noise will mix with the music you are hearing. If you mostly listen to music in your bedroom, noise cancellation might not be a big concern for you. You should not even spend extra bucks for noise cancellation when you don’t need it.
How Loud Will You Hear Music?
Loudness is an important factor when buying headphones. You have to know that not all headphones are designed to rock loud music constantly.
Going too loud on some headphones can cause them to blow out. This is why you have to look at the noise sensitivity levels of the headphones before purchasing them.
This information is mostly given with headphones under product descriptions. If you don’t hear music too loudly, this factor should not be of much importance to you.
How Long Will You Keep Hearing?
A big issue with the headphones in the past was lack of comfort. Those headphones focused on sound quality but they lacked comfort features. People complained about pressure around their ears and temples after wearing them for long.
If you have not used headphones seriously in the past, do not take this particular point for granted. Make sure the headphones you buy have proper cushioning on them.
The ones you are about to see on this list of best headphones for classical music have proper cushioning on their headbands and around the ear cups. The manufacturers strive to make headphones that put no pressure on your ears when you wear them.
Now that you understand the many factors that come into play when buying headphones, you should be ready to pick the best headphones for classical music from the list given below.
Best Headphones for Classical Music
1. Sennheiser HD 650 Open Back Professional Headphones Review
When your primary focus while listening to music is on the quality and naturalness of the sound, Sennheiser HD 650 professional headphones are the ones for you.
These headphones are designed to be perfect and their open back design makes them look unique. With big powerful drivers and high quality magnets, the focus while making these headphones was on the quality of sound. Here are the best features of these headphones.
Sennheiser HD 650 Features
- These headphones have the special silk surrounding its ear cups that ensures the cleanest sound coming out of its earpieces. Total harmonic distortion with this material is reduced to merely 0.05%.
- These headphones have the most impressive frequency response in this price range. The minimum frequency is 10Hz whereas the maximum frequency is 39,500Hz.
- The neodymium magnets make the headphones efficient whereas the hand selected driver components ensure precision of every note.
- The titanium silver finish makes the headphones look amazing even more with the open back ear cups.
- There impedance is as high as 300ohms so you can plug them into any amplifier or device you can think of.
Sennheiser headphones have a special place in the industry as audiophiles put trust in their headphones. They have been making these devices for 60 years and it is hard to beat these headphones when it comes to accuracy of sound.
2. AKG K550 Closed Back Reference Class Headphones Review
The looks of these headphones are funky due to their bulky size. However, the combination of black and gray makes them look beautiful. What makes them big is the ear cups that are giant-sized. When you wear AKG K550 headphones, you will feel as though someone was hugging your face. Therefore, you might require some level of confidence to wear them while traveling. Here are the best features of these headphones.
AKG K550 Features
- They are known for producing a highly accurate sound so they are a perfect fit for people who want to listen to classical music.
- The closed back design offers great isolation.
- Brushed metal backs of the ear cups make them look solid and good looking.
- They have huge 50mm drivers to produce powerful and clean sound.
- The ear cups rotate and fold to make portability a possibility.
- They offer 32ohms of impedance and a high speaker sensitivity of 114dB.
- The frequency response ranges from 12Hz to 28,000Hz.
- There is a long 3-meter cable permanently connected to them – it is one of the longest you can get.
There is ample cushioning on the ear cups but the cushioning on the headband will require some time for adjustment. Once worn, you can keep wearing them for hours without any pain.
3. V-Moda Crossfade LP2 Vocal Headphones Review
These headphones are pure class, just like classical music. They are metal headphones and from the design of V-Moda Crossfade LP2 vocal headphones you can tell that the company went away from the conventional designs. They come with a lot of accessories and even a stunning carrying case for portability.
Here are the top features of these headphones.
V-Moda Crossfade LP2 Features
- These headphones are made completely of metal and they have gone through several tests to prove their military level construction.
- They have dual diaphragm drivers sized 50mm to strike powerful sound notes to your eardrums.
- With proper cushioning all over the ear cups, you can isolate yourself from the surroundings while listening to music.
- The ear cups are big enough to cover your ears completely.
- Frequency response starts from as low as 5Hz only to 30,000Hz.
- Their noise sensitivity level is 105dB so you can hear them as loud as you want.
- They have a high 32-ohm impedance.
These headphones are designed for everyone, classical music listeners included. They are compatible with computers, laptops, tablets, Android and Apple phones.
4. Audio Technica ATH-AD900X Audiophile Headphones Review
As the name suggests, these headphones are meant for audiophiles. Audio Technica ATH-AD900X headphones don’t look fancy but there is something unique about their looks with open back ear cups and dual tube headband construction. Here are the features that make these headphones better than many.
Audio Technica ATH-AD900X Features
- They have open back ear cups but their focus is on reproducing natural sounds.
- Powering these headphones to produce natural sounds are 53mm drivers. This is the size you rarely find on even the biggest and so-called best headphones out there.
- The cushioning on the ear cups is much better than you find on other headphones. The manufacturer claims that you will feel absolutely no pressure on your ears while wearing these headphones.
- The frequency response on these headphones is great starting from 5Hz only to a maximum of 35,000Hz. This means you can listen to the deepest bass sounds and the crispiest high notes.
- Their impedance level is at 38ohms.
- The CCAW (copper clad aluminum wire) technology used by Audio Technica coupled with huge drivers ensures that you hear the best quality of sound from your headphones.
- They have a 3.5mm connector at the end of the cable, which is gold plated for minimum leakage.
- There is a separate adapter included to convert the 3.5mm connector to 6.3mm connector.
From design’s point of view, these headphones look quite similar to the Sennheiser headphones mentioned at the top of the list. They have open back ear cups but the manufacturer claims that they offer noise cancelation to some degree.
5. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones Review
These are the second most expensive headphones on this list after the Sennheiser headphones. Beyerdynamic DT880 premium headphones are designed with quality and audiophiles in mind. Keep in mind that this is the limited version of the DT880 headphones. There are a few features that make this edition better than the other Pro version. Take a look at the best features of these headphones.
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Features
- The most mentionable thing about these premium headphones is the impedance they offer. They offer an impedance of 600ohms. You could plug them into just about any device you have seen so far.
- Beyerdynamic uses the bass reflex technology on these headphones to produce accurate and high quality sound.
- These are the only semi-open headphones on the list so the noise cancelation they will offer will be between the closed and purely open back headphones.
- When something goes wrong with these headphones, you don’t have to buy new headphones. With all replaceable components, you can keep on using these headphones after a small fix.
- The minimum frequency of sound they can make you hear is 5Hz. The maximum frequency range for them is 35,000Hz. This means you will miss virtually no note in the song you are hearing.
- There is proper cushioning on the ear cups and the headband that guarantees full comfort for the wearer.
- Nominal sound pressure level that these headphones can handle is 96dB.
- They weigh 290g but with such thick cushioning, you will not feel their weight much.
The Biggest reason to buy these headphones is their extreme impedance of 600ohms.
Classical Music Headphones Summary
As mentioned earlier, when you are buying the best headphones for classical music, you have to focus more on the quality, naturalness and accuracy of the sound. All the headphones on this list are great for reproducing high quality sound with perfect accuracy.
Some of them have better construction while others have better cushioning for the comfort of users. The best thing about all these headphones is that customer reviews about them have been pretty positive.
They have all been reviewed by audiophiles and reviewing experts too. They get good ratings and depending on your budget, you can pick any one from the list without hesitation.