Best Headphones for Rock Music of 2018 & buying guide
Despite increased popularity of EDM in the recent decades, rock music holds its ground firmly. People who like rock music are the most die-hard fans you will find in the music scene.
They follow their bands all year, wear their t-shirts, and support them in whatever way they can through social media.
However, these same fans don’t compromise on the quality of sound when they are hearing their favorite bands and tracks.
Rock music listeners love true music i.e. music done with real instruments. To hear the beautiful sounds of these real instruments, they need the best headphones for rock music.
What Really Matters When Buying the Best Headphones for Rock Music?
You must know the genre well before you spend your money on headphones. You have to keep in mind that headphones can be very expensive too. While there are some cheap headphones that do the job, to get the highest quality of sound you have to spend more money.
You don’t want to spend a lot of money on some expensive headphones only to find out that they are not meant for listening to your favorite genre. With a few concerns cleared, you should be able to buy the best headphones for rock music. Here are the most important things that you should know before buying these headphones.
How Important Is Bass?
Depending on the importance of bass, you have to pick headphones that produce good bass. While kick drums are used in all rock songs, the real bass that matters is the one that comes from bass guitar.
Bass guitar is the soul of rock music tracks. If you want to be able to hear the bass guitar playing in the back of noisy distortion, your headphones have to be able to produce clear bass notes.
So, make sure that your headphones have a good frequency range on both sides: the bass and treble.
How Important Is Treble?
Treble is as important in rock music as bass, or maybe more. The distorted sound of the guitar, guitar solos, high-pitched vocals, drum cymbals and crashes, all make up for the high side of the frequency range.
The headphones have to be able to produce clean high notes. Keep in mind that distortion from guitars will only sound intelligible when your headphones make clean high notes.
How Important Is Loudness?
Rock music is all about loudness. Rock music listeners are not much into slow tempo songs and mellow sounds.
They like to play their songs on the highest settings on their headphones.
Keeping that in mind, you have to look for headphones that have a good noise sensitivity rating.
Headphones that are not meant to be loud will produce distorted sound with clicking noises when you raise the volume to high levels.
How Important Is Impedance?
This particular point is important if you are someone who does not only listen to music on their smartphones.
High impedance means your headphones will be able to produce highest quality of sound when connected to powerful amplifiers and devices.
They need more power to produce the sound quality they are meant for. With high impedance phones, you won’t get the best sound experience if you connect them to your smartphone.
Now that you have all the important information needed to buy the best headphones for rock music, here are the top 5 to make your pick from.
Best Headphones for Rock Music – Top 5 on Our List
1. Panasonic Quick-Fit RP-HTF600-S Headphones
Designed to be comfortable around your ears, Panasonic Quick-Fit RP-HTF600-S headphones are meant to bring you the best sounds from the rock music world. They even look great with their black and gray color contrast. They are lightweight so wearing them for long time should not hurt your skull. Here are the notable features of these headphones.
- They have proper cushioning on the ear cups and headband for comfortable long hours of listening.
- The 50mm neodymium drivers make sure you listen to only the highest quality of sounds.
- They have a long nearly 10ft cable so you can lie down on your couch while they are plugged in your laptop, table tor smartphone.
- They have an impressive noise sensitivity of 100dB/mW
- Their frequency range is huge starting from 10Hz and ending at 27,000Hz.
- With a high impedance of 56, you should be able to plug them into devices with more power.
Do not focus too much on their simple looks. They are all about quality of sound, specs and features.
At your first glance, you will find them very simple and minimalistic. The likeable thing about these headphones is the features. They have just the right specs in terms of noise sensitivity, impedance and frequency range. For this price, they are definitely worth buying.
2. Brainwavz Delta IEM Earphones
These are in-ear headphones, so you are definitely going to love them. Metal and rock music lovers have great interest in buying in-ear headphones because they allow them to headbang without dislodging their headphones. While they are in-ear headphones, Brainwavz has still made them stylish and it is this combination of sound quality and looks that puts them in the list of best headphones for rock music. Here are some great features of these headphones.
- The most lovable thing about these headphones is the sound quality they produce. The manufacturer claims that the sound quality of these headphones is as good as that from high-end headphones.
- Even if you accidentally dislodge and throw them in the air while headbanging, their full metal construction will not be damaged.
- The impedance on these headphones is only 16ohms but this is because they are meant to produce best sounds with your battery-powered devices like smartphones and tablets.
- The frequency response is 20Hz at the bottom and 20,000Hz on top.
- There is an on-cable microphone. The remote allows you to control your music tracks.
They are also available in many different colors, so you can always pick one that is your favorite.
These headphones definitely offer great sound quality for the price they are available at. However, the frequency range can still be made better in the later versions. For general music listening on portable devices, these are the most fairly priced and high-quality headphones.
3. Extreme Wired Metal In-ear Headphones
These headphones look beautiful and they are designed to sound great for many music genres. These are in-ear headphones so you will experience the sounds from the closest distance from your ears. The gray color is consistent not only on the earpieces but the wire as well. Here are some of the features that make these headphones amazing:
- These headphones use the 4D surround sound experience so you will have a completely new and refreshing experience while listening to your favorite rock songs.
- The design allows them to be amazingly sound canceling so you can enjoy your music minus the noise from your surroundings.
- The best thing about these in-ear headphones is the aluminum alloy they have been constructed from. This metal makes them even more durable than headphones made with other metals. The aluminum alloy also gives these headphones the beautiful gray hue.
- It has a 3.5mm audio jack that you can connect to most of the devices in the world.
- Sound quality on these headphones has been tuned by professionals so you get deep bass and crispy high notes.
- It offers a big noise sensitivity rating of 116db
- The frequency range is good at 18Hz to 20,000Hz.
- The impedance level of 32ohms ensures you can connect these headphones to most devices you use on a daily basis.
These headphones are very sturdy and if you don’t accidentally break the wire, they are going to last for a long time.
The overall impression of these headphones is excellent due to the aluminum alloy construction, high noise sensitivity level, excellent frequency range and an admirable impedance level. You get some extra features like a microphone if you ever use them for making calls. They are the perfect headphones if you are on a budget, want in-ear headphones with excellent sound quality and a reliable build.
4. AILIHEN C8 Headphones
You might not have heard this name a lot but you will be impressed with these headphones no matter which angle you look at them from. These are some on the list of best headphones for rock music not only because of their sound quality but also because they are very intelligently built. They are available in some really bright and cartoonish colors making them look noticeable and stylish. Here are the most notable features of these headphones.
- These are on-ear headphones but they still provide some admirable noise cancelation for you to have a perfect sound listening experience.
- The adjustability of its hinges has to be commended that lets you get as comfortable with these headphones as you want.
- The braided cord is probably the most durable forms of cords available with headphones. Tugging on the cord accidentally will not break it that easily.
- The remote on it lets you control your music playlist really well with forwarding, skipping, pausing and playing features. You can even pick up and end calls using the remote.
- Powering these headphones are the 40mm drivers to give you a pleasing music listening experience.
- Leatherette cushions ensure you can wear them with comfort even for multiple hours.
- The foldable design is just amazing, letting you fit these headphones easily even in small bags.
- The frequency range starts from 20Hz and ends at 20,000Hz so you can hear every low and high note clearly.
- With the impedance of 32ohm, it falls in the category of headphones with medium resistance.
You definitely need to have a courageous personality to wear these headphones. All the colors available in these headphones are lively including white/brown, gray/mint, gray/green, blue/black and black/orange.
You just have to love these headphones for the comfortable features, great sound quality and sturdy build quality. For the price they are available at, they offer good impedance and frequency range too. The foldable design makes them even better as the earpieces can be completely stowed within the structure to let you carry the headphones easily with you. The color combinations are very unique and admirable.
5. 1MORE Triple Driver In-ear Headphones
This pair of headphones is one of the most expensive on this list but for all the right reasons. These are not just any in-ear headphones. 1MORE has made these headphones like no other. Even the most expensive in-ear headphones on the market can’t be compared with the quality and features of these headphones. Here are the features that make these headphones special.
- A sound engineer who has won a Grammy Award for his work is the man behind the tuning of these headphones.
- These rarest in-ear headphones have 3 different drivers out of which there is one dynamic driver. These drivers produce the quality of sound you don’t get from any other similar headphones.
- The ear tips are angled to fit your ear tube perfectly.
- You get 9 pairs of tips with these headphones: 3 pairs of foam tips and 6 pairs of silicon tips.
- The earpieces are made of aluminum alloy for maximum durability.
- With a frequency range of 20Hz to 40,000Hz, these headphones have one of the highest frequency ranges for producing the cleanest treble notes.
- They are compatible with iOS and Android devices the same.
If you really care about the quality of sound in your music, pick these headphones and you will never regret your decision.
All it takes for these headphones to impress you is the first glance. They look cool but their internal components and quality are even better. For anyone looking for best headphones for rock music with great sound and looks, these headphones might just be the answer.