Best Most Durable Headphones Guide 
Buying headphones can be quite a challenging experience because there is so much to look at before buying one. From their internal components to external looks, you have to make your choice very carefully.
If you are looking specifically for the most durable headphones on the market, you have started on the right track. Among many other things that really annoy people about their headphones, flimsy built and non-durability are prominent ones.
So what are the different components of a pair of headphones that you have to get a close look at to see if the headphones are really durable? Here are a few things to check.
What Kind of Cord Should You Pick?
- 0.1 What Kind of Cord Should You Pick?
- 0.2 What to Check in the Ear Cups?
- 0.3 What Makes a Headband Durable?
- 0.4 How to Know a Microphone’s Durability?
- 1 Best Durable Headphones Review
- 1.1 1. Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones Review
- 1.2 2. V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Metal Headphones Review
- 1.3 3. RHA MA750 Noise Isolating Premium In-Ear Headphones Review
- 1.4 4. Cowin E-7 Active Noise Canceling Wireless Headphones Review
- 2 Most Durable Headphones Summary
If you are buying headphones with cords, you have to see the cord first to know how durable it is. Cords can be annoying at times, but they are much better in giving you the audio quality that cordless headphones can’t, so sometimes they are the only choice you have.
Many manufacturers have now started make cords that look like ropes i.e. they are made of canvas. It is virtually impossible to break those cords even if you tug them really hard accidentally. Other important thing to see in a cord is its thickness.
What to Check in the Ear Cups?
The second most important component of a pair of headphones to see its strength and durability is the ear cups. You have to analyze the ear cups to see how they are attached to the headband.
If the attachment is not strong and the ear cups feel shaky on the headband, it’s a bad sign.
If you are going for swiveling ear cups, feel the strength of the joints and how durable they seem.
Another important thing to look at is how the cushions are attached to the ear cups.
If the attachment seems unfinished and you notice gaps between the material of the ear cup and the cushion, this is a telltale sign of a badly built pair of headphones.
What Makes a Headband Durable?
This is the most important part of any pair of headphones. When you are looking for most durable headphones, ensure you check the headband carefully.
First, you want some material for headband that does not bend easily. Sometimes you see headbands made of metal, but the metal is so thin that it could bend easily.
If the headband is made of plastic, it should not be so hard that it breaks into pieces at one fall. Double tubes for plastic headbands prove to be great in terms of durability.
How to Know a Microphone’s Durability?
Most people do not pay much attention to the microphone attached to their headphones, but you should. When you need a microphone, you need it.
Not to mention, if the microphone is attached with your headphone, you will have to take care of it. The most important thing to look at when analyzing the durability of microphone on a headphone is how securely it tucks away when you are not using it.
Headphones made for gamers come with some really durable microphones. They are not only made from strong materials, but the microphone shaft is really thick to give it maximum sturdiness.
Now that you know how and which parts of your headphones you have to look at to see the durability of the overall headphones, here are some the most durable headphones for you to pick one from.
Best Durable Headphones Review
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones Review
As the name tells the story, these headphones are meant for those who use them for professional work. If you make music, upload videos on YouTube or review music albums, you need one of these. Right from the first look they send an impression of sturdy, strong and durable headphones. Durability has been made a part of these headphones in other ways too. For example, the audio cable on the headphones is detachable on both ends. This means a tug on the cable will only pull it out of the jack, not break it.
The ear cups are swiveling so you don’t have to stretch the headband when you want to listen to your favorite music track with a friend. The headband is fully cushioned with thick materials. The swiveling joints of the ear cups are also pretty thick so they can take some abuse. Here are some notable features of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones.
- They have a sturdy built with strong and thick materials.
- Ear cups swivel to make them perfect for music makers and DJs.
- Detachable audio cord provides safety against accidental pulls on the cord and easy storage for portability.
- They have big 45mm drivers for more powerful sound.
- 35ohm impedance means they can run on a wide range of amplifiers and devices.
- Despite their sturdy build, they are still pretty lightweight at just 9.9oz.
The price for these headphones can vary based on the color you want. The white pair is more expensive than the black one and there is no doubt that the white one looks much cooler and completely out of this world.
2. V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Metal Headphones Review
If you are tired of throwing away your headphones after every few months – you have to consider a more durable option. The V-MODA Crossfade M-100 metal headphones are just the right thing for you. These headphones are also known for their noise cancelation and isolation capabilities. The thing that makes these headphones one of the best on the market is how they have been tuned by skilled audio engineers in the industry. If you are an audiophile and have been looking for sturdy and high-quality sounding headphones, get your hands on this one – it is a gem.
More than 40% DJs around the world have made these headphones their preferred choice while performing live on stage. They have been built in such a way that they are equally perfect for audiophiles, DJs and even gamers.
V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Features
- The 50mm dual diaphragm is something you rarely get on any other headphones.
- You could safely call them the most durable headphones because they are made of metal – no plastic here.
- They have this CLIQFOLD design that allows you to store them in a very small space or the carrying case that comes with them.
- The components of these headphones are made of metal, but the whole unit still weighs only 280 grams.
- They have a 32ohms impedance so play them as loud and as big of a device as you want because they will not blow out.
- Their frequency response ranges at the bottom at 5 Hz to the peak at 30,000 Hz.
- It has a strong STEELFLEX headband covered with vegan leather, and a frame that’s also made of steel.
- Whether you are attached audio cables or a microphone to these headphones, you can do so with detachable cable options.
The hexagonal shape of the ear cups makes them look really unique. V-MODA does a great job at even making them look solid by putting those screws on top of the ear cups.
3. RHA MA750 Noise Isolating Premium In-Ear Headphones Review
In-ear headphones came into the world and became popular in no time. This is because they are able to give you high quality sound with convenience that no other headphones can. They are small in size, fit perfectly in your ears and can be stronger and more durable than even the bulkiest headphones out there. The RHA MA750 premium in-ear headphones are a good example of how in-ear headphones can be durable too. As simple as they look, they get closest to your eardrums and produce sound quality that audiophiles crave. What makes these headphones really durable is that their components are made of stainless steel.
The drivers inside these headphones are made with hands. Not to mention, noise cancelation and isolation is not even a big deal for in-ear headphones. These headphones come with 6 different sets of tips so you can pick the one that best suit your ear tube size and cancel the noise.
RHA MA750 Features
- The components of the headphones made from 303F grade stainless steel.
- Dynamic drivers in the earpieces have been made with hands to deliver the highest quality of sound and performance.
- Over-ear cable design allows you to wear the headphones while the cable passes from behind your ear. This makes your headphones fit perfectly on your ears when you are running or moving.
- There is a premium looking carrying case that comes with these headphones so you never get the cables tangled as you travel with them in your pocket.
Even the cables used with these headphones contain oxygen-free copper cores so ensure that only the highest quality sounds touch your eardrums.
4. Cowin E-7 Active Noise Canceling Wireless Headphones Review
These headphones look beautiful and they are one of the best you can get your hands on when it comes to noise cancellation. Just like all other modern wireless and Bluetooth headphones, they also have the option for you to plug in your cable with 3.5mm headphone jack. This option ensures you keep listening to your favorite music even when the battery on your headphones is about to die.
The good thing about Cowin E-7 active noise-cancelling wireless headphones is that their design is pretty seamless. These types of designs are always really durable and since they are compactly joined with each other, accidental falls really don’t make a big difference on their sturdiness.
There is a lot that can be said about these headphones.
Cowin E-7 Features
- They provide great noise reduction, but have a switch on them to turn off noise cancellation when you don’t feel like it.
- Despite the compact design they have the big 40mm drivers to deliver high quality sound to your ears.
- The ear cups swivel so you can listen to only one side of the headphone without even wearing it.
- Protein cushioning on the ear cups and headband makes these headphones really comfortable. You could wear them for the whole day without feeling any discomfort.
- The chromed components add style to these headphones.
- The battery is laudable on these headphones as it lasts you 30 hours, so you can listen to your favorite music or watch movies no matter how long your flight schedule is.
- When you feel that your battery is about to die, you could just grab the cable with 3.5mm connector that comes with it to keep listening to the high quality sounds that come from these headphones.
- They offer high impedance at 32ohms so you can plug them into big amplifiers without fearing that they will blow out like cheap headphones do.
- They even come with a compact carrying case so carrying them with you is not cumbersome at all.
It won’t be wrong to say that these headphones have a very minimalistic design and yet it comes out to be one of the coolest looking designs on the market. When you want durability from your headphones along with top notch noise cancelation features, these are the ones you have to pick.
Most Durable Headphones Summary
When you are looking for the most durable headphones, you could pick any of these without thinking too much about it. The best thing about these headphones is that not only are they durable, but they look great too.
Oftentimes, durability and sturdiness is a compromise on the looks of products, but that’s not the case here. Their prices might seem a bit high at first, but you will end up spending more than that on other headphones as you will have to keep on buying them over and over.
Lastly, the sound quality and clarity for these headphones is on a professional level.